Over the summer we’ve served this Shrimp Ceviche as an appetizer and they are always big hit. They are gluten free, paleo, low in fat, and really high in flavor and nutrients. And on a hot day, they are cooling and refreshing.
Shrimp Ceviche with Tomatillo, Cilantro and Lime
Shrimp Ceviche with fresh tomatillo, cilantro and Lime, a refreshing and light appetizer, perfect for summer gatherings.
- Prep Time: 25
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer, paleo, gluten-free
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: mexican
- 1 lb Peeled Raw (or cooked) Shrimp, thawed, tails removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Juice form 1–2 limes
- 2 cucumbers ( divided) Peel both, then cut one into big chunks, and finely dice the second one.
- 1 1/2 lb Tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 bunch cilantro- leaves and tender stems ( about 1 cup, packed)
- 1 jalapeno (or more for spicy)
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 3 T lime juice plus zest for garnish
- 1 tsp sugar ( or agave)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 T olive oil
Feel free to make this with cooked shrimp, if raw shrimp makes you squeamish.
Keywords: shrimp ceviche, shrimp ceviche recipes, shrimp ceviche verde, prawn ceviche, shrimp ceviche recipe