Versatile and full of flavor, Olive Tapenade is a simple, elegant appetizer that comes together in just 10 minutes with no cooking required -perfect for warm summer nights!
Something amazing happens when we surrender and just love. We melt into another world, a realm of power already within us. The world changes when we change. The world softens when we soften. The world loves us when we choose to love the world. ~Marianne Williamson
Olive Tapenade is such a tasty spread to have around. Olives are the star here! Make it with your favorite olives, along with briny capers, zesty lemon, fresh herbs and a touch of spicy red pepper flakes.
This is another recipe that you can play around with and refine to your own preference. Make it spicy or extra garlicky, use all of one type of olive or mix them together (my favorite!), swap out parsley for basil, use this recipe as a template and adjust to your own liking!
This dish holds up well for several days in the fridge. Make up a batch and enhance meals throughout the week!
Ways to use Olive Tapenade
- the perfect accompaniment for the cheese board (cheese + olives = perfect) or mezze platters
- adds a perky zest mixed with pasta dishes
- makes a lively spread on sandwiches
- use as a topping for pizza
Ingredients in Olive Tapenade
- lemon zest
- fresh parsley & rosemary (or sage, or thyme or a little of all three)
- olive oil
- olives (a mix is nice like kalamata, castelvetrano, green olives, black olives)
- chili flakes
- black pepper
- red wine vinegar
How to make Olive Tapenade
STEP TWO- Add about 1/2 of the olives and pulse just a bit to incorporate.
STEP THREE– Add remaining olives, capers, chili flakes, black pepper, red wine vinegar and pulse gently leaving some larger chunks. Be cautious of over blending, we are going for a consistency that is textured not pasty.
That’s it! Quick and easy!
What to serve with Olive Tapenade
More recipes you may enjoy
- Authentic Baba Ganoush (Grilled or Baked!)
- Perfect Hummus
- Lemony Artichoke White Bean Dip
- Smoky Harissa White Bean Dip
- Warm Olives with Rosemary, Garlic and Almonds
Hope you love this! Let us know what you pair it with.
Versatile and full of flavor, Olive Tapenade is a simple, elegant addition to your appetizer list. This tasty spread comes together fast and requires no cooking, making it a great choice for warm summer days.
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary (or sage, or thyme or a little of all three)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups olives, pitted (a mix is nice like kalamata, castelvetrano, green olives, black olives)
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Add garlic, lemon zest, parsley, rosemary and olive oil to food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add about 1/2 of the olives pulse just a bit to incorporate. Add remaining olives, capers, chili flakes, black pepper, red wine vinegar and pulse gently leaving some larger chunks. Be cautious of over blending, we are going for a consistency that is textured not pasty.
This will keep up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 113.9 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: olive tapenade, easy olive tapanade recipe, how to make tapenade,