Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp and Tarragon- a light and healthy summer meal perfect for brunch, lunch or a light dinner. Keto friendly!
Our inner monologues have tremendous power over us. They can affect not only our mood, not only our physical bodies, but also our every waking moment—and, therefore, every consequence.―
Here is a light and refreshing keto-friendly salad- perfect for warm summer days! Stuffed Avocados with Shrimp and Tarragon. The shrimp salad can be made ahead and keeps for several days getting ever more flavorful as it marinates.
When ready to serve, simply halve an avocado, remove the seed and fill to your heart’s desire. Top with sunflower sprouts! So easy, so delicious! It also makes for such a pretty plate, don’t you think?
The combination of tarragon and mustard seed is so very French- so I love to serve this up with a glass of champagne and call it dinner.
This Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp could be your work lunch (just bring the avocado whole, and stuff it at work) or this could be a salad course of a full-on plated dinner.
I’m obsessed with salads during summer- I swear I could eat them every meal. Thankfully Brian enjoys them too.
Crunchy radishes and celery add such good texture to the salad. I love how this salad feels in my mouth! Pop a bottle of Champagne and celebrate summer with this easy meal!
Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp and Tarragon- a light and healthy summer meal perfect for brunch, lunch or a light dinner. Feel free to make the flavorful Tarragon Shrimp filling up to one day ahead and refrigerate. When ready to serve, cut the avocado in half and spoon in the filling.
- 4–5 ounces cooked shrimp- shelled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 scallion- sliced thinly at a diagonal
- 2 radishes, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped, more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, more for sprinkling
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 perfectly ripe, large avocado, cut in half, seed removed.
- Garnish: Sunflower Sprouts or tarragon leaves
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients except for the avocado.
- Stir well and let stand 5 minutes. Mix again and taste and adjust the salt and lemon juice.
- You will most likely need more. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the avocado in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and divide the shrimp mixture between the two halves. Top with sprouts or tarragon leaves. Enjoy immediately!
Feel free to make shrimp salad ahead and refrigerate up to 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: ½ avocado with ½ the shrimp salad
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 1269.9 mg
- Fat: 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
- Fiber: 8.7 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
- Cholesterol: 114 mg
Keywords: stuffed avocado, stuffed avocados, stuffed avocado keto, stuffed avocado shrimp, stuffed avocado healthy, stuffed avocado recipe