Flourless and vegan-adaptable, magical Chocolate Sesame Cookies! Irresistibly tender, chewy and divinely delicious.
Tasting dark chocolate, a ripe apricot, a luscious elixir… Savor the expanding joy in your body…..The Sun and Moon and Earth Danced together To bring you this delight. Receive the nectar on your tongue as a kiss of the divine. ~ The Radiance Sutras
These luscious cookies will transport you into transcendent bliss. Chocolate + Sesame = Magic. You’ll see! Tahini is mixed into the batter giving amazing flavor and texture. Lightly crisp on the outside with just the perfect amount of soft texture on the inside, these cookies are delicious baked as is or coat them in sesame seeds and cocoa nibs before baking for added crunch and elevated taste.
The other night I was hankering for a cookie after dinner. I put the dishes on hold and started combining a few pantry ingredients. I was pulling these delicious morsels out of the oven in 15 minutes. I am all about the quick no fuss cookie batter. I don’t always follow the rules of mixing, rolling, refrigeration, or cooling racks. Somehow these evolved fitting all the criteria of quick, easy and divinely delicious. We don’t mess around with cookies here in this family, the whole batch was devoured in no time.
Just a few ingredients.
Melt butter with cocoa powder and coconut sugar. I like coconut sugar because it gives a deeper flavor, like a hint of molasses, plus it is unrefined, low glycemic, and contains nutrients (small trace amounts of zinc, calcium, potassium and iron). Thusly you can justify eating lots of cookies! Regular sugar will work here too.
Remove from heat. Whisk in an egg.
Whip it until it starts to get thick and turns glossy.
Use a cookie scoop or roll in small balls. (I made mine 3/4 of an ounce). Dip in sesame seeds and cocoa nibs.
Bake 10 minutes at 375.
After removing from the oven leave on the sheet pan to set for about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with dried rose petals for extra magic.
I hope you give these cookies a try and that they bring some moments of delight into your day and those you love!💕
More recipes you may enjoy:
- Thumbprint Cookies with Walnuts and Apricot Jam
- Spicy Chai Molasses Cookies
- Stuffed Dates with Rose & Pistachios
- Chewy Triple Ginger Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake with Blood Oranges
Flourless and vegan-adaptable, these Chocolate Sesame Cookies are irresistibly tender, chewy, and divinely delicious.
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder (see note on raw vs. dutch processed)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 stick of butter (sub coconut oil)
- 1 egg (or sub a flax egg)
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup honey (for vegan-leave out and increase the sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (see notes if using dutch process chocolate)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a sauce pan, gently melt butter with sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat. Add in the egg whisk until glossy and thick.
- Stir in tahini, honey and vanilla.
- Mix together almond flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Roll into balls or use a small cookie scoop. (If you want to get precise you can weigh them. I got 20 balls at 3/4 of and ounce each).
- Mix the coating in a bowl and dip cookies in set on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on pan for 5 minutes before transferring.
Top with dried rose petals.
Raw cocoa is simply pure powder from the cacao bean unprocessed. It has a darker taste and a more bitter flavor. If you like really dark chocolate and all it’s amazing health benefits – this is a good choice.
Natural cocoa powder is from roasted cocoa beans. Still on the darker chocolate side with bitter notes.
Dutch process cocoa powder is treated with an alkalizing agent to neutralize acidity. It is smoother and more mild in flavor. If using Dutch Process chocolate in this recipe use 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder instead of the 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
Keywords: Chocolate sesame cookies, chocolate tahini cookies, gluten-free cookies, flourless cookies, chocolate cookies gluten free