Flourless and vegan-adaptable, these Chocolate Sesame Cookies are irresistibly tender, chewy, and divinely delicious.
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder (see note on raw vs. dutch processed)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 stick of butter (sub coconut oil)
- 1 egg (or sub a flax egg)
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup honey (for vegan-leave out and increase the sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (see notes if using dutch process chocolate)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a sauce pan, gently melt butter with sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat. Add in the egg whisk until glossy and thick.
- Stir in tahini, honey and vanilla.
- Mix together almond flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Roll into balls or use a small cookie scoop. (If you want to get precise you can weigh them. I got 20 balls at 3/4 of and ounce each).
- Mix the coating in a bowl and dip cookies in set on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on pan for 5 minutes before transferring.
Top with dried rose petals.
Raw cocoa is simply pure powder from the cacao bean unprocessed. It has a darker taste and a more bitter flavor. If you like really dark chocolate and all it’s amazing health benefits – this is a good choice.
Natural cocoa powder is from roasted cocoa beans. Still on the darker chocolate side with bitter notes.
Dutch process cocoa powder is treated with an alkalizing agent to neutralize acidity. It is smoother and more mild in flavor. If using Dutch Process chocolate in this recipe use 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder instead of the 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie (with butter and egg)
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 8.8 g
- Sodium: 55.1 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 15.4 mg
Keywords: Chocolate sesame cookies, chocolate tahini cookies, gluten-free cookies, flourless cookies, chocolate cookies gluten free