Summer Berry Tart with the BEST Shortbread Crust. A simple delicious tart recipe featuring fresh, juicy summer berries, over a lemony filling and a buttery shortbread crust. Simply Delicious!
This simple Summer Berry Tart is made with a Short Bread Crust and a zesty citrus filling. It’s a snap to make and the incredible crust doesn’t require any rolling – simply press it into the tart pan and bake.
Once the filling is stirred together, bake the tart for 15 minutes just until it sets, then chill for 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and fresh berries right before serving. This summer berry tart is refreshing and light, the perfect finish to a special gathering.
To save time, make the shortbread crust ahead, then fill it, and store it in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap. Right before serving, whip the cream and top with fresh berries.
What I love about this recipe is the buttery crust stays nice and crisp, holding up well to the creamy filling. Such great combination of flavor and texture.
Summer Berry Tart with Shortbread Crust. A simple delicious tart recipe featuring fresh, juicy summer berries, over a lemony filling and a buttery shortbread crust. Easy, delicious! Note: There is a 2 -3 hour chilling period.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- zest from 2 lemons (about 2 tablespoons) or sub lime
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice ( or lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 cups fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or wild strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- To make the crust, place butter, sugar and salt in a stand mixer, and with paddle attachment, whip on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides if necessary, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, and beat on low speed for 30- 45 seconds or until it resembles course sand.
- Pat crumbled dough down into a 9 or 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom, then prick bottom all over with fork. Bake 20 minutes until golden. Remove and let cool. You can make this ahead.
- Make the filling. Mix all ingredients together with a fork, in a medium bowl.
- Once smooth, pour into the cooled tart shell. Bake 15 minutes @ 350F or just until set.
- Remove and chill for 2 hours.
- Make the whipped cream. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the cream, sugar, zest, cornstarch until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the chilled tart. Top with fresh berries and serve.
I like to make the crust ahead- to simplify the whole process.
- Calories: 285
Keywords: berry tart, fruit tart, best berry tart, raspberry tart recipe, shortbread crust, tart crust, best tart shell , fresh berry tart, tart recipes,