Summer Berry Tart with Shortbread Crust. A simple delicious tart recipe featuring fresh, juicy summer berries, over a lemony filling and a buttery shortbread crust. Easy, delicious! Note: There is a 2 -3 hour chilling period.
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- zest from 2 lemons (about 2 tablespoons) or sub lime
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice ( or lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 cups fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or wild strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- To make the crust, place butter, sugar and salt in a stand mixer, and with paddle attachment, whip on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides if necessary, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, and beat on low speed for 30- 45 seconds or until it resembles course sand.
- Pat crumbled dough down into a 9 or 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom, then prick bottom all over with fork. Bake 20 minutes until golden. Remove and let cool. You can make this ahead.
- Make the filling. Mix all ingredients together with a fork, in a medium bowl.
- Once smooth, pour into the cooled tart shell. Bake 15 minutes @ 350F or just until set.
- Remove and chill for 2 hours.
- Make the whipped cream. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the cream, sugar, zest, cornstarch until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the chilled tart. Top with fresh berries and serve.
I like to make the crust ahead- to simplify the whole process.
A gluten-free alternative is making this crust! (1 1/2 x the recipe)
- Calories: 285
Keywords: berry tart, fruit tart, best berry tart, raspberry tart recipe, shortbread crust, tart crust, best tart shell , fresh berry tart, tart recipes,