The recipe for Roast turkey breast with blueberry balsamic glaze makes for a deliciously festive meal. Blueberries, figs, balsamic, maple and mustard add a tangy approach to a traditional roast turkey. Garnish the entrée with leftover blueberries and rosemary – your roast turkey with blueberry balsamic glaze will look as amazing as it tastes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bone-in turkey breast with skin on (2– 3 pounds)
- Salt & pepper
Blueberry Balsamic Glaze Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large oven-safe heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil, then sauté onion 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant and just tender. Scatter rosemary sprigs around the edges of the pan.
- Rub turkey on all sides with oil (or butter) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey in the skillet, on top of onion mixture; transfer skillet to the oven and turn temperature down to 400°F, and bake for 40 minutes. While it’s baking make the glaze.
Blueberry Balsamic Glaze:
- Place 1⁄2 cup of the blueberries, figs and the balsamic vinegar in small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low, stirring occasionally until reduced by half.
- Stir in maple syrup, whole grain mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- After the turkey has cooked for 40 minutes, brush the top with the glaze and pour the rest over the top. Give the pan a good shake.
- Surround the turkey with the remaining blueberries, lower the oven temperature to 350 F, and continue roasting for 20 minutes until the turkey is cooked and reaches 160°F.
Leftovers will keep up to 4 days in the fridge or can be frozen up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
- Calories: 588
- Sugar: 24.1 g
- Sodium: 1356.5 mg
- Fat: 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 67.5 g
- Cholesterol: 228.9 mg
Keywords: Roast Turkey Breast, Roast Turkey Breast Recipe, Turkey breast, how to roast turkey breast