This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This recipe for Grilled Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Savory Strawberry Compote is bursting with summertime flavor. It’s a snap to make, light and delicious- an easy way to cook strawberries in a savory dish!
This recipe for Grilled Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Rosemary Compote is bursting with summertime flavor. It’s a snap to make and an easy way to use highlight strawberries in a savory recipe. This recipe was especially created for a wedding we catered recently and the guests really seemed to enjoy it, so I thought I’d share!
The first fruit to ripen during our growing season here in the Northwest are juicy sweet strawberries. Tender-skinned and full-flavored these are very different than the strawberries you’ll find at the grocery store which were most likely bred for size, looks, and long truck rides from California. Sure they’re pretty, with their glossy red skin and perfect shape, too often lack flavor or fragrance.
When you experience a locally grown strawberry, picked the very same day you plop it in your mouth, you’ll come to understand the difference. Everything you thought about strawberries will change. At least that’s how it was for me.
How to make Grilled Balsamic Pork Loin:
Step one: Make the marinade and marinate the pork loin for one hour or overnight.
Step two: Make the Savory Strawberry Compote on the stovetop in a saucepan.
Step Three: Grill the pork loin a few minutes on each side until interanl temp reaches 140F, and let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Step Four: Slice the pork loin into 3/4 inch slices, and spoon the warm strawberry compote overtop.
Step Five: Garnish with a few fresh diced strawberries and an optional drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Hope you enjoy the Grilled Balsamic Pork Loin!
A simple grilled pork tenderloin, marinated in a balsamic glaze with a savory strawberry compote.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves
Savory Strawberry Compote:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot – finely chopped ( 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups strawberries- small diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- generous pinch salt and pepper
- squeeze lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Place marinade ingredients in a blender and blend until combined. Place loin and marinade in a large ziplock bag, or in a shallow baking dish, coating all sides. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat, add shallot. Stir and sauté until golden about 4-5 minutes. Add strawberries, wine, sugar, salt, pepper. Bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer on med-low heat until the wine has reduced and strawberries have thickened about 10 minutes. It should look like a loose jam. Add a squeeze of lemon to brighten. Set aside.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Remove loin from the marinade and pour extra marinade into a small pot. Boil for one minute, or until it has darkened — you will use this cooked marinade to baste the loin whilst on the grill.
- Once the grill is hot, scrape it clean. Turn to medium-high and place pork loin directly on the grill, and cook for 12 minutes total, turning and basting every 3 minutes. Cover in-between turns. Check temperature. Continue cooking on grill, lowering heat if necessary – or finish it in the oven- just until loin reaches 140 F at the thickest part. Let rest 5-10 minutes loosely covered with foil.
- When ready to serve, slice loin into ¾ inch slices, then plate, topping with strawberry compote ( or place pork over the compote).
- Garnish with fresh diced strawberry, rosemary sprigs, and balsamic reduction.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 937.5 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 24.6 g
- Cholesterol: 73.7 mg
Keywords: grilled pork tenderloin with strawberries, grilled pork tenderloin, balsamic pork loin, grilled balsamic pork loin