This recipe for Cardamom Panna Cotta, is one of my favorite desserts ever. A rich, creamy, luscious, custard-like dessert, without eggs, it comes together quickly and without fuss.
Serve the panna cotta in little canning jars, or mini ramekins, with a fluffy dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings- a few of these luxurious bites are the perfect ending to your special dinner.
Here I’ve added a hint of coffee. The combination of cardamom and coffee are so harmonious, complementing each other so generously, it’s hard to imagine them ever apart.
On the homefront: There are books that find their way to us at exactly the right time. I find it uncanny sometimes, how the universe often gives us little nudges towards what we need, with expert timing. These signs can be quiet and subtle, soft whisperings to the heart, a gentle pull. Other times the nudge can feel more like a shove.
Somehow this book found its way into my hands a year ago now, and all I can say is –it was exactly what I needed at the time. It spoke to me. It may not be for everyone, but I just wanted to put out there, in case you too, need a little nudge. It’s called The Untethered Soul, a heart opener for sure.
Cardamom Panna Cotta- a scrumptious, easy dessert with a hint of coffee flavor – perfect for holiday gatherings. Can be made ahead!
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, cardamom and instant coffee. Over medium heat, bring the mixture just to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand until evenly moistened about 5 minutes.
- Uncover the cream mixture and bring just to a simmer over moderately high heat.
- Remove from heat, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Strain and pour into a pitcher.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into four small 4-ounce ramekins or canning jars and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the panna cotta is set but still jiggly, at least 3 hours or up to 3 days.
- Serve in the jars, with a dollop of whip cream and shaved chocolate (both optional).
This can be made ahead- keeps up to 3 days in the fridge (covered).
- Calories: 350
Keywords: panna cotta, panna cotta recipe, cardamon panna cotta, cardamon latte panna cotta, coffee desserts, cardamon desserts