Cardamom Panna Cotta- a scrumptious, easy dessert with a hint of coffee flavor – perfect for holiday gatherings. Can be made ahead! Allow 4 hours cooling time.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 7 whole cardamom pods crushed (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom)
- 1–2 teaspoons instant coffee (or use instant decaf)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
Serve with Cardamom whipped cream- see notes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, cardamom and instant coffee. Over medium heat, bring the mixture just to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand until evenly moistened about 5 minutes.
- Uncover the cream mixture and bring just to a simmer over moderately high heat.
- Remove from heat, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Strain and pour into a pitcher.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into four small 4-ounce ramekins or canning jars and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the panna cotta is set but still jiggly, at least 3 hours or up to 3 days.
- Serve in the jars, with a dollop of whip cream and shaved chocolate (both optional).
This can be made ahead- keeps up to 3 days in the fridge (covered).
To make Cardamom Whipped Cream: Whip one cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cardamon. Whip in a stand mixer using the whisk attachment for 3-4 minutes, until medium peaks form. Refrigerate (covered) until using.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 17.6 mg
- Fat: 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 67.8 mg
Keywords: panna cotta, panna cotta recipe, cardamon panna cotta, cardamon latte panna cotta, coffee desserts, cardamon desserts