EASY Almond Flour Pancakes with fresh huckleberries (or sub your favorite summer berry) – a delicious, gluten-free, paleo recipe for our favorite breakfast!
This is also an easy camping recipe, fun and simple to make. Gather the huckleberries while hiking and reward yourself the next morning with a scrumptious hearty breakfast. And speaking of camping…by the time this post reaches you, we will be well in the middle of our two week outdoor adventure in Idaho. Camping, kayaking, hiking, cabin-ing ….come along if you wish via instagram!
Heat a skillet and either use butter, oil, a combination– or coconut oil ( my preference).
Top with the remaining fresh huckleberries, and drizzle with real maple syrup.
Almond Flour Pancakes with Huckleberries
Easy delicious Almond Flour Pancakes with Huckleberries (or sub your favorite fresh berry) and Maple Syrup. Paleo, Low carb and Gluten-Free.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Category: Breakfast,Paleo, gluten free
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: pacific northwest
2 extra large eggs
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ cups almond flour
butter, oil or coconut oil for skillet
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, water, oil, maple syrup, salt, vinegar and vanilla.
- Whisk in baking soda, then the almond flour.
- Fold in half the huckleberries and zest ( optional).
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle, with 1 T butter or coconut on medium heat. Spoon in 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until edges become golden brown, or bubbles form. Flip with a spatula, and turn heat down to med low– cook until browned on the other side. If insides are still soft, either continue cooking on very low heat, or place in a 350F oven until until cooked through.
- Stack pancakes, top with fresh huckleberries and pour a little maple syrup over top.
Keywords: almond flour pancakes, paleo pancakes, gluten-free pancakes, almond flour flapjacks,