A simple recipe for Almond Flour Pancakes with maple syrup and fresh huckleberries (or sub your favorite summer berries!) – a delicious, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, one-bowl recipe for our favorite breakfast! Hello, sun in my face. Hello you who made the morning and spread it over the fields…Watch, now, how I start the day in happiness, in kindness.
This is also an easy camping recipe, fun, and simple to make. Gather the huckleberries while hiking and reward yourself the next morning with a scrumptious hearty breakfast.
Heat a skillet and either use butter, oil, a combination– or coconut oil ( my preference). These cook up more like a “flap jack”.
Top with the remaining fresh huckleberries, and drizzle with real maple syrup.
Dive in. So delicious!
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup ( or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest (or lemon zest, optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond flour ( use blanched almond flour, not almond meal)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh berries, ( preferably Huckleberries or blueberries) – divided
- 1- 2 tablespoons butter, oil or coconut oil for skillet
- more maple syrup for drizzling
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk in baking soda, salt then the blanched almond flour.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the berries and zest ( optional).
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle, with 1 T butter or coconut oil on medium heat. Spoon in 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until edges become golden brown, or bubbles form.
- Flip with a spatula, and turn heat down to med-low– cook until browned on the other side. If insides are still soft, either continue cooking on very low heat, or place in a 350F oven until cooked through.
- Stack pancakes, top with fresh berries and pour a little maple syrup over top.
Feel free to sub other berries. If using strawberries, slice before adding to the batter.
Keywords: almond flour pancakes, paleo pancakes, gluten-free pancakes, almond flour flapjacks,