- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup ( or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest (or lemon zest, optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond flour ( use blanched almond flour, not almond meal)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh berries, ( preferably Huckleberries or blueberries) – divided
- 1- 2 tablespoons butter, oil or coconut oil for skillet
- more maple syrup for drizzling
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk in baking soda, salt then the blanched almond flour.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the berries and zest ( optional).
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle, with 1 T butter or coconut oil on medium heat. Spoon in 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until edges become golden brown, or bubbles form.
- Flip with a spatula, and turn heat down to med-low– cook until browned on the other side. If insides are still soft, either continue cooking on very low heat, or place in a 350F oven until cooked through.
- Stack pancakes, top with fresh berries and pour a little maple syrup over top.
Feel free to sub other berries. If using strawberries, slice before adding to the batter.
Keywords: almond flour pancakes, paleo pancakes, gluten-free pancakes, almond flour flapjacks,