This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
How to make the BEST Smoothies (10 tips)
1. Never stick a spoon or spatula in a running blender.
2. Pour the liquid in the blender first. Then add the fruit. This will help to get things moving. Never, no matter what, add sticky or thick things like peanut butter in the blender first.
3. Start the blender on the lowest speed and gradually increase the speed to high, and shut it down the same way, gradually slowing it down.
5. If you can’t eat fresh fruit fast enough, freeze it for smoothies. (Peel it, cut it into small chunks, put it in a zip lock) Anything goes grapes, apples, kiwi, bananas, berries, oranges, mangoes, anything really. Avocados can even be frozen.
6. In winter, add something hearty or rich like bananas, nut butters, tahini, oatmeal or avocado, for a little extra heartiness.
7. A smoothie is not a milkshake. Try to keep it healthy. Otherwise, just have a milkshake. Use soy, almond, rice or coconut milk, fruit or veggie juice, aloe or just water. Use maple syrup, brown rice syrup, honey, agave, or fruit itself, as sweetener.
8. Play around with adding fresh herbs and spices and seeds.
9. Chilly frosty smoothies are yummy. Room-temperature smoothies are not as tasty. If not using any frozen fruit, throw in a few ice cubes. It makes it so much more palatable.
10. If your smoothie is bland…try adding a little citrus juice, or zest to brighten up the flavor.
This Kiwi Smoothie is sure to brighten your day! Made with banana, avocado, and spinach, it’s sweet and tart, and deliciously addicting. Vegan!
- Place the liquid in the blender first, then kiwi, banana, avocado, spinach and honey. Blend on low speed, increasing to high speed. Blend it up until creamy and very smooth.
- Taste-kiwis very in tartness- add more sweetener or a little squeeze of lime juice if you like.
- Add ice and blend again. Scrape down sides if necessary.
- Serving Size: 10 ounces
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 25.9 g
- Sodium: 79.4 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.2 g
- Fiber: 7.3 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: kiwi smoothie, avocado kiwi smotthie, kiwi avocado smoothie,