Oven roasted, crispy, smokey, chipotle-rubbed chicken wings are on the menu this Superbowl Sunday. Served with a cool refreshing cilantro sauce, they are flavorful and delicious, and surprisingly simple to make. Make the rub, rub them down then place them in a hot oven for 30 minutes, and while they are roasting, whip up the flavorful cilantro dipping sauce. That’s it! No frying involved! Healthy –but not lacking on the flavor front, these guys will not disappoint! Enjoy …..and hope have a great and exciting weekend!
Roasted Chipotle Wings w/ Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Roasted Chipotle Wings with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Author: Sylvia Fountaine | Feasting at Home Blog
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cilantro Dipping sauce
- ½ C mayo
- ½ C sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ Cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Pre heat oven to 425F Place salt, sugar and spices in a medium bowl and mix.
- Toss each wing in the spices, coating all sides, and place them on a wire rack placed inside a foil lined baking sheet.
- When oven is hot, roast wings 20 minutes, turn over, and bake 10 more minutes, or until done. For extra crispy skin, turn over again, broil for a couple minutes, careful not to burn.
- While chicken is roasting, place all ingredients for the dipping sauce in a food processor and pulse until smooth.