Vegan Breakfast Tacos with flavorful Mexican scrambled tofu, toasty tortillas, avocado, radishes, cilantro and pico de gayo.
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14-ounce package firm tofu (organic, non-Gmo, or sprouted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric, optional, for golden color
- 4–6 six-inch tortillas ( whole wheat, gluten-free, or corn-flour blend)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- fresh cilantro
- salsa or hot sauce or Poblano Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- optional: vegan sour cream or vegan chipotle mayo
optional additions: warm black beans, refried beans, microgreens, other veggies
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet. Saute onion and peppers over medium heat until softened and fragrant.
- Drain, and blot tofu with paper towels, breaking it apart into 4. Add to the pan, crumbling it with your fingers as you go.
- Add the salt and spices, and mix them into the tofu, breaking apart the tofu even more. If the pan gets dry, add a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Stir occasionally until the tofu is heated through.
- Warm the tortillas (either on a gas burner, or in a toaster oven).
- Assemble the tortillas- dividing the seasoned tofu, avocado, vegan sour cream, cilantro, radishes and any extras you want to add. (If using refried beans, spread them on the tortilla first.)
- Serve immediately, and save any extra tofu in the fridge, and reheat later.
Feel free to skip the tortillas and create breakfast burrito bowls, with warm black beans or refried beans as the base.
- Serving Size: one large taco
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 566 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.4 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 10.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan breakfast ideas, vegan breakfast recipes, vegan breakfast tacos, breakfast tacos, tofu scramble, tofu tacos,