- 16 ounces ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely minced (optional)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro ( or flat-leaf parsley)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil ( optional, but good)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Fixings (all optional)
- Chimichurri Mayo (see notes)
- roasted poblano peppers
- melty cheese or vegan cheese
- Grilled onions, Red onions or pickled red onions
- Sourdough buns or lettuce wraps or serve the burger over a salad!
Heat grill to med-high heat if grilling. (Or pan-sear for speed)
Make burgers: Place all of the turkey burger ingredients in a bowl and lightly toss with your fingers into a fine crumble until mixed thoroughly. With slightly wet hands pat into 3-4 tidy patties, 1-inch thick.
If pan searing, heat 1-2 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey burgers and let them get golden, resisting the urge to fiddle (they may stick). Once they get a golden crust, they will naturally release themselves from the pan. Then flip. Cook each side about 5-6 minutes, or cooked through.
To make the roasted poblanos either char over a gas burner (on stovetop) until all sides are charred or on the grill, turning to char evenly. Place in a covered bowl or paper bag to steam 5-10 minutes. Peel under running water, destemming and deseeding. Alternatively, you could also simply just grill these until tender and skip peeling.
Form into 4 smaller burgers or 3 bigger burgers. Can be made ahead and reheated.
Keywords: best turkey burger, chicken burger recipe, turkey burger recipe, chimichurri burger, poblano burger, jalapeno burger, chimichurri mayo