How to make creamy Dilly Ranch Dressing from scratch loaded up with fresh dill- this easy recipe is creamy, tangy, peppery, and full of flavor! Vegan-Adaptable, see notes!
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream– I like Nancy’s probiotic Sour cream
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely minced (use a garlic press)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped or sub chives
- 1/2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, more to tase
- 1 teaspoon white or Apple Cider vinegar
- Whisk the mayo, buttermilk, and sour cream in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients- garlic, herbs, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice, and vinegar.
- Taste- you want this slightly salty and tangy- so adjust salt and lemon juice to bump up the flavor.
- Place in a sealed jar the fridge- and chill. You want this cold!
- Ranch Dressing recipe will keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Serve Ranch Dressing with this Little Gem Salad, Rainbow Salad, or any crisp/sturdy salad green like romaine, little gems, head lettuce (make a wedge), etc. OR serve as a dip (I’d use less buttermilk and more sour cream so it’s thicker) with farmers’ market veggies!
- Vegan option: Make this CREAMY VEGAN RANCH and add 1/2 cup dill and 2 tablespoons tarragon.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 218 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.6 mg
Keywords: ranch dressing recipe, best ranch dressing, homemade ranch dressing, ranch dressing, ranch dressing buttermilk, best ranch dressing recipe