Poke Bowls – made with your choice of ahi tuna or TOFU! Served over brown rice, soba or kelp noodles, with avocado, cucumber, radish and Citrus Ponzu Sauce! Vegan and Grain-free Adaptable!
Optional BASE – 1-2 cups of your choice of:
- cooked brown rice
- soba noodles
- kelp noodles or seaweed salad
- cucumber or zucchini noodles
- baby spinach or mixed greens
- Shredded cabbage and carrots
Marinated Ahi Poke Recipe:
- 8 ounces ahi tuna ( or extra firm or baked tofu), cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly at a diagonal
- ¼– ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, or use ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon shoyu or soy sauce (or if GF Braggs Liquid amino, go lighter, it’s more salty)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave
- 1–2 tablespoon hijiki seaweed (optional)
- for spicy, add a teaspoon garlic chili paste, or chili flakes.
Optional BOWL TOPPINGS: avocado, sprouts, edamame, roe, grated carrots, grated beets, cucumber, fresh sliced, mango, radishes, crispy shallots, shredded cabbage, nori ( sliced thin), seaweed salad, pickled ginger, shiso leaves, furikake (Japanese sesame seaweed spice mix), kimchi, chili threads, Sriracha
QUICK PONZU SAUCE ( optional- make this if making the whole bowl)
- If cooking rice or noodles,start and cook according to directions on the stove.
- Cut fish (or tofu- blotting extra well first) into ½- ¾ inch cubes. Place in a bowl. Add scallions, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.
- Mix sesame oil, soy sauce and honey in a small bowl, then very gently mix with ahi to coat evenly. (If using tofu, you may need to add more soy and sesame oil -in equal portions- because tofu tends to soak the liquid up like a sponge.)
- Make the quick ponzu sauce, combining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble bowls – Divide rice (or other base) among two bowls. Pile poke salad high in the center, and surround with your additional toppings (avocado, cucumber, radish, sprouts, etc)
- Spoon the fresh ponzu sauce over the veggies and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chili threads (or flakes).
- Serve with chop sticks and Sriracha.
You can simply just make the poke itself ( with either ahi or tofu) or create the whole Bowl, loaded up with veggies, rice and the ponzu sauce .
Keywords: how to make a poke bowl, how to make ahi poke, poke recipe, best poke recipe, poke, poke recipe, ahi poke salad, vegan poke, tofu poke, poke bowl recipe, poke recipes, best poke