- 4 large carrots- peeled or scrubbed ( or sub sweet potato, yam, parsnips or other veggies)
- 8 ounces tofu – extra firm ( or add salmon or chicken breast…see notes)
- salt and pepper and optional chili flakes to taste
- Garnish- Orange zest ( optional) toasted sesame seeds, nuts, ¼ cup cilantro or scallions
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Make the marinade, blending all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Slice carrots at an angle into ⅓ -½ inch disks, then half-moons.
- Blot tofu with paper towels and slice into ¾- 1 inch slices, blot again.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Place carrots in single layer on the sheet pan, and beside them add the tofu.
- Season the tofu (or salmon chicken) with salt and pepper – and if you like, add chili flakes.
- Spoon or brush on the honey–miso marinade generously over the tofu and drizzle an remaining over the carrots. If carrots seem dry, drizzle with a little more oil. Give a quick toss, spread out, and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Divide carrots among two bowls, top with tofu. Garnish with fresh orange zest ( optional) , toasted sesame seeds and some fresh cilantro ( or scallions).
If using salmon, it will cook much faster than the carrots. Depending on how thick, it may only need 10-15 in the oven, so either take it out early, or put it in later. Chicken breast ( boneless) will cook relatively the same amount of time as carrots ( give or take) but always check as thicker or larger breasts will obviously take longer, and smaller may take less time.
Keywords: miso tofu, baked tofu, miso tofu bowl, tofu buddha bowl, roasted carrots, miso carrots, sheet pan dinner tofu