Green Goddess Bowl loaded up with delicious spring veggies and a vegan green goddess dressing. Tarragon is the secret ingredient to the best Green Goddess dressing, giving it a unique and complex flavor. Here, it’s served with the best of spring produce.
- 4–6 small potatoes ( purple, red or white)
4 radishes, sliced ( or try daikon radish ribbons)
1 Turkish cucumber, sliced into ribbons – use a vegetable peeler
1 carrot, sliced into ribbons- use a veggie peeler ( or try grated raw beets)
1 avocado, sliced in half, pixilated (or cross-hatched)
1 cup shelled edamame ( or other beans, like green garbanzos! )
10 asparagus spears, or green beans!
10 green beans ( or try snow peas!)
Optional additions: cooked grains, butter lettuce or little gems, sunflower sprouts, pickled onions, hemp, or sunflower seeds.
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing:
- one package (12.3 ounce) of silken tofu (organic, firm) like Mori-Nu Brand
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 1 fat scallion, white and green parts
- ¾ cup-1 cup fresh herbs, packed – a combination of ¼ c Italian parsley, ¼ c dill, and 1 c tarragon is my favorite- but feel free to sub basil. ( Thin stems ok)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar – white, sherry, apple cider or champagne
- 1 tablespoon water, more to get blender started
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste- optional but adds depth!
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Bring a medium pot of salted water to simmer on the stove and add the potatoes, whole. Cover and simmer gently until fork tender, about 15 minutes. (You will reuse this water for blanching the other veggies- so don’t dump it out. )
Prep the radishes, cucumber, carrot ribbons and avocado, and make the dressing.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes and set aside, saving the warm water. Drop the edamame, asparagus, and green beans into the same hot water and simmer for just a few minutes until everything is tender and bright green. Strain.
You can chill everything and serve over a bed of tender spring greens and grains, or you can serve this warm or at room temperature, over warm grains.
Divide between two bowls and serve with dressing.
VEGAN Green Goddess Dressing :
Makes 1 ¾ cups dressing and this will keep up to 7 days in the fridge.
Calories are without dressing.
Vegan dressing = 50 calories per 2 tablespoons
Non vegan = 127 calories per 2 tablespoons
Keywords: healthy bowls, vegan bowls, green goddess dressing, green goddess bowls, vegan buddha bowl, vegan bowl, green goddess bowl,