Delicious Vegan Lettuce Wraps are filled with Teriyaki Mushrooms and brown rice- an easy Asian-inspired lunch idea or appetizer that is healthy, vegan and satisfying. Gluten-free Adaptable! Made with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
- 3 tablespoons oil (avocado, peanut, or wok oil)
- 2 cups (5 oz) shiitake mushrooms, cut into ½ inch chunks (or slices)
- 2 cups (5 oz) cremini mushrooms, cut into ½ inch chunks ( or slices)
- 1 tablespoon (3 cloves) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 large red, yellow or green bell pepper cut into ½ inch dice (2 cups), a mix is nice.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 2 cups cooked rice or grain – optional
- Garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, furikake or chili flakes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and saute mushrooms for 7 -8 minutes, until tender and golden. Remove the mushroom mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Add bell peppers, garlic and ginger to the same pan and cook about 2 minutes on medium high heat, adding a bit more oil if needed.
- Add mushrooms back in pan along with salt, scallions and ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce. Stir to combine. Remove from heat. Allow to cool 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Place lettuce cups on a plate or platter and fill with 2-3 tablespoons cooked rice or grain (optional). Spoon Teriyaki Mushrooms over top.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds , furikake or more warmed teriyaki sauce in a bowl, to spoon over top.
Save the leftovers-they can be reheated and served up to 3 days later.
- Serving Size: 3 wraps
Keywords: vegan lettuce wraps, mushroom lettuce wraps, shiitake lettuce wraps, vegan lunch recipe, vegan appetizer recipe