Fast and flavorful, Turkish Lamb Wraps are made with savory ground lamb seasoned with flavorful Turkish spices, wrapped up in a tortilla with labneh, cucumbers, tomatoes, mint, parsley and peppery watercress. A simple weeknight dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (or ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes or urfa biber
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Make the lamb filling: Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add lamb and onion. Using a metal spatula (easiest), break lamb apart into little bits, and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add the garlic and salt and continue browning until the lamb releases all it’s moisture and fat, and begins to brown, about 5-7 more minutes. Drain the fat. Add the cumin seeds, sumac, cinnamon, optional chili flakes and saute 2 more minutes. Add the tomato paste and water, incorporating it into the lamb. Stir in the chopped mint.
- Assemble the wraps: Lather 4 large wraps with labneh, divide and top with the lamb filling, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, parsley, mint and peppery greens. Roll them up and cut in half.
Lamb filling can be made ahead, refrigerated, and reheated.
If you are sensitive to red onion, soak in cold, salted water for 15 minutes while you make the wrap. Drain.
- Serving Size: one wrap
Keywords: lamb wrap, Turkish lamb wrap, Turkish lamb sandwich, Turkish lamb recipe, lamb wrap, ground lamb recipes, easy lamb recipes, lamb sandwich