Thai Crunch Salad with Peanut Dressing is loaded up with healthy veggies, herbs and scallions. EASY, Vegan and gluten free!
- 4 cups shredded Cabbage ( green, purple or napa)
- 1 cup shredded (or matchstick) Carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1–2 cups veggies of your choice- sliced cucumber, radish, matchstick kohlrabi, matchstick jicama, snap peas, grated turnips, or shredded green papaya, or sliced mango.
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs- mint, basil, or cilantro ( a combo is nice)
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup sliced scallions ( or chives) sliced on the diagonal ( or sub thinly sliced red onion)
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted peanuts (or cashews)
- 1 orange, both zest and juice (1 tablespoon zest, 1/3 cup-1/2 cup juice)
- 1 lime, juice (1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons honey, maple, agave or brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 thin sliced disks of ginger (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (GF)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2– 1 teaspoon sambal (red chile paste) or sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or roasted peanuts)
- Place cabbage, veggies, scallions and herbs ( save a tablespoon for garnish) in a large bowl. Add peanuts, saving some for the top (or add right before serving).
- Make dressing: Zest the orange and place in a blender, then squeeze the orange juice into the blender. Add the lime juice, honey, garlic, sliced ginger, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sambal, and salt and all the rest of the ingredients except the peanuts (or peanut butter) into a blender. Blend until smooth. Finally add peanut butter (or peanuts) blend again, adding more to desired thickness. Taste, adjust salt, adding more if you like.
- Dress the salad with some or half of the dressing- you may not need all – tossing as you go, adding more if necessary.
- Refrigerate the salad –it likes to be nice and cold.
- Garnish with remaining herbs and peanuts. Serve with the optional Sambal Chicken or Baked Ginger Sesame Tofu
Click on the Peanut Dressing link in the recipe for the nutritional info the dressing only.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 96.1 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Thai salad, thai crunch salad, thai salad recipe, thai salad vegan, thai salad peanut sauce, crunch salad, thai cabbage salad, thai slaw recipe