Here’s the tastiest recipe for Easy 10-Minute Tuna Salad that can be served over rice crisps, salad greens, in tortillas or pita bread or in sprouted bread.
- 5-ounce can of Tuna ( albacore is nice), drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion or scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs- dill, tarragon, cilantro, parsley, or basil, etc.
- 1 tablespoon capers (or sub 2 tablespoons finely diced pickle)
- 1 tablespoon caper juice (or pickle juice)
- 3–4 tablespoons mayo, veganaise, or sub olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- salt, pepper and optional cayenne to taste
- Optional Additions: chopped celery, cucumber, radish, jalapeno, lemon or lime zest
Serve over dressed salad greens, rice crisp, rye crisp, in a warm pita, or tortilla, over sourdough toast, or in an avocado.
Garnish with microgreens, herbs, or avocado. Or make a tuna melt- see recipe post.
- Place the drained tuna in a medium bowl and shred it apart with a fork. Add the onion, herbs, capers, caper juice, and give a good mix. Add any optional additions listed above (not more than 1/2 cup).
- Stir in the mayo, starting light, adding more to desired creaminess.
- Add mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of cayenne if you like.
- Serve over dressed salad greens, rice crisp, rye crisp, in a warm pita, or tortilla, over sourdough toast, or in an avocado.
- Garnish with microgreens, herbs, or avocado. Or make a tuna melt- see recipe post above!
This will keep 3 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup, made with mayo ( just the salad)
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 575.2 mg
- Fat: 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 21.4 g
- Cholesterol: 44.8 mg
Keywords: best tuna salad, easy tuna salad recipe, tuna salad, Mexican tuna salad, spicy tuna salad, tuna salad sandwich, best tuna salad, tuna salad with cilantro, tuna salad recipe,