How to make the most delicious salsa in winter, using Fuyu Persimmons instead of tomatoes! Easy, quick and flavorful! Use this on fish tacos or like you would Pico de Gallo.
- 1/4 cup red onion, very finely diced
- 1/2 a jalapeno, finely chopped ( or start with 1 tablespoon, more to taste)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3–4 Fuyu Persimmons, diced (about 2 cups, diced)
- 1/2–1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 –1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
Finely chop the onions and jalapeno and place in a bowl. Toss with the lime juice and salt.
Dice the persimmons, chop the cilantro and toss with the onion mixture.
Taste, adjusting salt and lime, adding more to taste, until flavor pops!
Garnish with pomegranate seeds (optional, but pretty).
Sometimes I’ll add a pinch of ground chipotle powder for a little smoky heat- delicious!
Serve with these Fish( or Tofu) Tacos or with chips, quesadillas, or over grilled chicken.
Keywords: persimmon recipes, persimmon salsa, persimmon salsa recipe, persimmon sauce