Nachos Supreme! These loaded vegetarian nachos are made with flavorful “walnut chorizo”! A healthy, delicious nacho recipe that is baked in the oven. Vegan-adaptable and Gluten free!
- 1 cups walnut
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle ( or sub cayenne), more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano ( or thyme)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste ( or sub a canned chipotle pepper, or the adobo sauce from the can)
- 1 tablespoon water, and more to desired consistency
- Tortilla chips ( enough to line a 13 x 18 inch sheet pan)
- 1 cup re-fried beans (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cheese ( 4–6 ounces) , grated ( mexican blend, jack, mozzarella, cheddar or vegan melty cheese)
- 1 batch walnut chorizo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Garnishes: picked onion and jalapeño, hot sauce, sour cream
Preheat oven to 375F
Make the Walnut Chorizo. Place walnuts, spices, salt and tomato paste in a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of course sand. Add a tablespoon of water, and pulse again, until just combined. ( see notes) Set aside.
Line a ½ sheet pan ( 13 x 18 inches) with parchment paper. Cover with tortilla chips. Drizzle chips with a little hot sauce. Spread out small spoonfuls of refried beans over top. Sprinkle with the cheese and spread out the walnut chorizo. Place in the oven until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 10- 12 minutes. While it’s baking prep your garnishes.
Eat immediately! These are best served right away, before cheese unmelts!
If using the walnut chorizo as taco filling or in burritos, where you might heat it up in a skillet, feel free to add a another tablespoon or two of water, so it doesn’t dry out in the pan. For extra richness you could even add a drizzle of olive oil.
Keywords: Nachos, vegan nachos, vegetarian nachos, best nacho recipe, nacho recipes, nachos supreme, walnut meat, walnut chorizo, walnut tacos,