Korean Tacos with bulgogi chicken are so incredibly flavorful! Succulent marinated chicken is sautéed until tender and topped with fresh avocado, cabbage, and gochujang cream! Vegan adaptable.
Chicken and Bulgogi Marinade
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, sliced thin (easiest to do when partially frozen) See notes for vegan.
- 1/2 cup of pear, grated (or Asian pear is traditional, apple works too) Optional but adds texture and flavor
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or GF liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar (coconut sugar or maple syrup works too)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon gochujang pepper paste ( or sub garlic chili paste)
Gochujang Taco Sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon gochujang paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or lime juice
- flour tortillas (or your favorite tortillas)
- shredded purple cabbage (or green cabbage)
- green onions, thinly sliced
- avocado slices
- grated carrots and radishes
- fresh cilantro
- toasted sesame seeds
- Marinade: In a large bowl, mix grated pear, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and gochujang paste. Add sliced chicken and let marinate at least 30 minutes or overnight ( best!) in the fridge.
- Taco Sauce: In a small bowl, mix Greek yogurt, mayo, gochujang paste, sesame oil, sugar, rice vinegar whisk until smooth.
- Cook the chicken: Heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat. Add chicken and all the marinade, stirring every minute or so for about 5 minutes until sauce begins to reduce. Turn the heat down and cook until the sauce mostly cooks down and the chicken is cooked through and nicely coated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble the Tacos:
Warm the tortillas. Spoon in the warm chicken bulgogi. Top with your favorite toppings and veggies. Liberally dollop with creamy gochujang sauce.
Chicken Thighs- bulgogi is often made with beef, we used leaner chicken thighs that cook up tender and absorb all the delicious marinade. The meat braises in the pan, so thighs are recommended as they can handle a longer cooking time without drying out.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 642.7 mg
- Fat: 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 16.5 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
Keywords: korean tacos, korean tacos chicken, chicken bulgogi, chicken bulgogi marinade, chicken bulgogi tacos, korean tacos chicken bulgogi