Crispy Jackfruit Tacos made on a sheet pan with pickled red onions, cilantro cabbage slaw. A fast, easy, VEGAN weeknight dinner!
- 1 recipe for Crispy Jackfruit Carnitas (25 minutes) or use store-bought, Mexican-seasoned jackfruit
- 8 x six-inch taco shells ( corn or flour)
- 1 can vegan refried beans ( pinto or black beans)
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce ( or Make the Mexican Slaw -10 mins)
- 1 avocado (or sub chipotle mayo – it is vegan adaptable!) or sour cream
- Your favorite Taco Sauce: Chipotle mayo (vegan-adaptable) Vegan Cilantro Crema, Poblano Pumpkin Seed Sauce, Hot sauce, or Salsa,
- optional- pickled onions (amazing here!)
Preheat oven to 400F
On a parchment-lined sheet pan, lay out the tortillas. Spread with a few tablespoons of refried beans. Top some with cheese if you like or keep this vegan.
Divide the jackfruit carnitas among the tortillas and place them in the oven. Bake until heated through and the edges of the tortillas are crispy about 12-15 minutes.
Top with cabbage slaw ( or shredded lettuce) and avocado, pickled onions and salsa or hot sauce. Serve with optional sour cream or vegan-adaptable chipotle Mayo.
Fold up into tacos and eat immediately!
This recipe is very easy once the components are prepped. I recommend making them ahead!
Once the crispy jackfruit carnitas is made (this takes 25 mins) the tacos can be assembled, baked and on the table in 25 minutes!
While they are baking you can whip up the Mexican slaw, or chipotle mayo or Poblano Pumpkin Seed Sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 taco with beans, pickled onions, avocado, tortilla
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 134.8 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: jackfruit tacos, sheet pan tacos, vegan tacos, jackfruit recipes, vegan tacos, tacos with jackfruit, vegan jackfruit recipes