- Author: Sylvia Fountaine
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: vegan, vegan dinner
- Method: sheet pan
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 recipe for Crispy jackfruit Carnitas (25 minutes) or use store-bought, Mexican-seasoned jackfruit
- 8 x six-inch taco shells ( corn or flour)
- 1 can vegan refried beans ( pinto or black beans)
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce ( or Make the Mexican Slaw -10 mins)
- 1 avocado ( or sub chipotle mayo – it is vegan adaptable!) or sour cream
- your favorite hot sauce, salsa, or make the fresh Tomatillo Salsa (10 minutes)
- optional- pickled onions
- optional- cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 400F
On a parchment-lined sheet pan, lay out the tortillas. Spread with a few tablespoons of refried beans. Top some with cheese if you like or keep this vegan.
Divide the jackfruit carnitas among the tortillas and place them in the oven. Bake until heated through and the edges of the tortillas are crispy about 12-15 minutes.
Top with cabbage slaw ( or shredded lettuce) and avocado, pickled onions and salsa or hot sauce. Serve with optional sour cream or vegan-adaptable chipotle Mayo.
Fold up into tacos and eat immediately!
This recipe is very easy once the components are prepped. I recommend making them ahead!
Once the crispy jackfruit carnitas is made (this takes 25 mins) the tacos can be assembled, baked and on the table in 25 minutes!
While they are baking you can whip up the Mexican slaw, or chipotle mayo or tomatillo salsa.
Keywords: jackfruit tacos, sheet pan tacos, vegan tacos, jackfruit recipes