Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese with Kale and Mushrooms. A simple fast vegan dinner recipe, ready in under 30 minutes. Gluten-free adaptable!
- 4 cups dry elbow macaroni (or sub gluten-free noodles)
- 1pkg (1lb 3oz) Non-Gmo Organic Silken Tofu
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic ( or 1–2 raw cloves- or 4–5 roasted garlic cloves )
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 cups mushrooms roasted or pan sautéed (your choice on variety)
- 4–5 leaves kale, chopped
- Get pasta water boiling. Wash and chop kale. Chop and either sauté or roast mushrooms with a little olive oil and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the silken tofu, yeast flakes, garlic, salt, pepper, oil.
- Boil and drain noodles according to directions on box. Place noodles back in the same pot and pour in the cheese sauce, gently warming over low heat.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms and kale. Toss and taste for salt. Adjust. Serve immediately or place in a baking dish, covered, and keep warm in an oven until ready to serve.
- Calories: 346
Keywords: vegan mac and cheese, healthy mac and cheese, vegan mac and cheese recipe