Flavorful Caribbean Shrimp Tacos with Cabbage Mango Slaw and Cuban Style Blackbeans…healthy and flavorful!
- 1 lb large raw shrimp- thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1–2 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cayenne or chipotle powder
Mango Cabbage Slaw– 2 Cups
6-8 toasted corn & flour tortillas ( 6-inches)
Chipotle Mayo ( optional, but tasty!)
- Pat dry shrimp well. Drizzle with just enough oil to lightly coat- 1 to 2 teaspoons.
- Mix all spices, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Toss spices with shrimp, mixing well. Set aside and make Mango Cabbage Slaw.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat…or pan-sear on med-high in a well oiled cast-iron skillet, until just cooked. Squeeze with 1/2 of a lime.
- Serve with grilled or toasted tortillas ( this is important, see above) and Cuban Style Black beans ( black beans seasoned with cumin, coriander, chili powder (or chipotle), salt and pepper )- or purchase “cuban style” canned black beans from Trader Joes ( see post).
- Optional: Drizzle with Chipolte Mayo for even extra flavor.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 445
Keywords: Caribbean tacos, shrimp tacos, best shrimp tacos, easy shrimp tacos, grilled shrimp tacos, mango slaw, cabbage mango slaw, mango salad