- 4 pieces of skinless Salmon, about 3–4 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2– 2 1/2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning (or use store-bought)
- 2 teaspoons high heat oil- avocado, coconut, ghee, more as needed.
- Buns (try these Quick Sourdough Buns), Brioche buns or any soft bun will work here!
- Dilly Ranch Dressing, Creamy Herby Hemp Dressing (or use store-bought Creamy Ranch)
- Lettuce, spinach and sprouts
- Red onion, sliced thin (or sub pickled red onions)
- Cucumber, sliced thin
Cajun Spice Seasoning
- Let salmon sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. This will help the fish cook evenly.
- Make the Cajun Seasoning, stirring to combine.
- Make the Dilly Ranch Dressing(or use store-bought ranch)
- Blacken the Salmon: Start heating a pan (cast iron or carbon steel work great) to medium-high. Meanwhile, pat the salmon dry and lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle cajun seasoning onto the filet, coating thoroughly about 2 teaspoons per piece. Press the spice into the fish to help it adhere. To the warmed pan add 1-2 teaspoons of high heat oil, avocado oil is great. Immediately place salmon on the pan, seasoning side down. Leave it alone, no fiddling! About 4 minutes, flip over and cook for another 3-6 minutes. This will depend on the thickness of your filets.
- Assemble your sandwich: Toss your greens in a bowl with dressing. Toast the bun. Layer on salmon, cucumber, onion and greens. Serve with extra dressing on the side.
Feel free to make the Cajun Seasoning, Dilly Ranch Dressing and Buns ahead!
- Serving Size: For the Cajun Salmon Only
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 124.5 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 19.2 g
- Cholesterol: 43.5 mg
Keywords: Blackend Salmon, Blackened Salmon Sandwich