Bali Bowl with Peanut Tofu, roasted sweet potatoes, black rice, shredded cabbage, radish and snow peas. Feel free to use almond butter!
- 14 ounces tofu (non gmo, organic and sprouted if possible- our use firm or extra firm)
- 1 large yam or sweet potato, cut into ¾ inch cubes
- drizzle of olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked black rice ( or other rice or grain- both optional)
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 thin slices ginger- cut across the grain, about the size of a quarter.
- 1 fat clove garlic
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or sub almond butter!)
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (roughly ½ an orange)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or GF Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (Note: Tamari will turn this unpleasantly dark)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, agave or sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ –1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( or a squirt of sriracha sauce)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Bowl Veggie Options:
Preheat oven to 425 F
Make the peanut sauce, placing every thing in a blender, and blend until smooth. Reserve ½ of the peanut sauce for the bowls. Use the remaing to coat the tofu. Pour over tofu and brush tops and sides and lather them up. I like to leave a very generous amount on the top of each piece. Place in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes.
Cook the rice like you would pasta – using this basmati rice method . See notes.
Prep all your veggies. And FYI, these are just options for you, feel free to use what you like, adding or subtracting from the list.
When the tofu is caramelized and the sweet potatoes are fork tender, assemble your bowls.
Drizzle with the remaining peanut sauce. Or place the peanut sauce in a little dish on each bowl.
Keywords: Balinese recipes, Bali Bowls, Peanut tofu, Bali peanut sauce, Balinese peanut sauce, vegan buddha bowls, black rice recipes,