This luscious, flavorful Zucchini Dip is a delicious way to use your garden zucchini! Serve it up with pita chips or crackers for a tasty, healthy appetizer; everyone will love. Vegan, Gluten-Free with a video.
- 3 medium-large zucchini (1 1/2 lbs, or 6 cups diced) – or summer squash, or use a combo.
- 2 fat cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, add more to taste
- 1/4 cup tahini paste (or sub 1/2 an avocado)
- 1/2–3/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/4–1/2 cup or more fresh herbs (optional) – choose either flat-leaf parsley, basil dill, mint, basil, or a combo.
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt.
- If grilling or roasting, cut zucchini into 1/3-inch thick strips, brush with olive oil, season with salt. If sauteeing the zucchini, either dice or shred.
- Grill: Place on a greased grill over medium heat until charred and translucent. Roast: place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, roast in a 375 F oven until tender and translucent, about 15-20 minutes ( dont let it get dark. (If you have very large zucchini with thick skin, you can half it lengthwise, roast in the oven, and then scoop out the flesh, leaving the skin out.). Saute: Heat an extra-large skillet over medium heat with olive oil, season with salt and saute until translucent, tender and falling apart, about 15 minutes.
- Blend: Place the cooked zucchini and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor, and puree until vibrant green and smooth. To get it extra vibrant green add more herbs and blend blend blend! Taste and adjust salt and lemon to taste—stir in a little yogurt for extra creaminess.
- Serve: Place it in a serving bowl, making a little circular “well” using a spoon, and drizzle a little olive oil in the well, sprinkle with Zaatar or Dukkah, and fresh herbs and serve either warm or chilled.
The zucchini dip will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Zucchini Dip, Zucchini Dip recipe, Zucchini Hummus, zucchini hummus recipe, zucchini recipes, vegan zucchini recipe, best zucchini recipes