- 1 ½ lbs zucchini- grilled or roasted
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- ⅛ cup lemon juice- plus more to taste
- ¼ cup tahini paste ( or sub ½ an avocado)
- ½ tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ cup or more fresh herbs ( optional) flat-leaf parsley, mint, basil, or a combo
- For extra creaminess, add a couple of tablespoons of yogurt!
- Cut zucchini into ½ inch thick strips, brush with a little olive oil and grill on medium heat until charred and tender. Place in foil for a few minutes to let them steam and get more tender. (Alternately zucchini may be roasted in the oven until tender. If you have very large zucchini with thick skin, you can half it lengthwise, roast in the oven and then scoop out the flesh, leaving the skin out, if necessary)
- Place the grilled zucchini along with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor, and puree until relatively smooth. If you roasted the zucchini you could try adding a little smoked paprika to give it a little smokiness if you like. Taste and adjust salt to taste.
- Place it in a bowl, making a little circular “well” using a spoon, and drizzle a little olive oil in the well. sprinkle with Zaatar or Dukkah, serve either warm or chilled.
You can also roast the zucchini, instead of grill, but the grill does impart a nice smoky flavor.
Keywords: Zucchini Dip, Zucchini Hummus, zucchini hummus recipe, zucchini recipes, vegan zucchini recipe, best zucchini recipes