- 1 ½ lbs zucchini- grilled or roasted
- 2–3 Cloves garlic
- ⅛ C lemon juice- plus more to taste
- ¼ C sesame paste ( or sub ½ an avocado)
- ½ tsp kosther salt, more to taste
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ C or more fresh herbs ( optional) flat-leaf parsley, mint or both
- 1 T olive oil– Garnish ( optional)
- For extra creaminess, add a couple of tablespoons of yogurt!
- Cut zucchini into ½ inch thick strips, brush with a little olive oil and grill on medium heat until charred and tender. Place in foil for a few minutes to let them steam and get more tender. (Alternately zucchini may be roasted in the oven until tender. If you have very large zucchini with thick skin, you can half it lengthwise, roast in the oven and then scoop out the flesh, leaving the skin out, if necessary)
- Place the grilled zucchini along with the rest of the ingredients ( except the oil) in a food processor, and puree until relatively smooth. If you roasted the zucchini you could try adding a little smoked paprika to give it a little smokiness if you like. Serve it in a bowl, making a little circular “well” using a spoon, and drizzle a little olive oil in the well. Serve either warm or chilled.
Keywords: Zucchini Dip, Zucchini Hummus, zucchini hummus recipe, zucchini recipes, vegan zucchini recipe, best zucchini recipes