Persimmon Salad with shaved fennel, butter lettuce, pomegranate seeds, and a bright citrus dressing. Perfect for the holiday table! Vegan and Gluten-free.
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1–2 Fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 8 oz butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/8 C pistachios (optional)
- 1/8 C crumbled goat cheese or feta ( optional)
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar. Set aside.
- Toss butter lettuce, fennel and onion with some of the dressing ( you may not need all).
- To platter the salad– lay a bed of dressed greens on a platter. Scatter slices of persimmon over the dressed lettuce. Garnish with pomegranate seeds ( and pistachio and goat cheese if using), and spoon a little more dressing on the persimmons. Crack some pepper over top.
- To plate the salad -layer slices of persimmon with dressed lettuce fennel mixture, top with pomegranate.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 17.7 g
- Sodium: 229.8 mg
- Fat: 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 6.5 mg
Keywords: persimmon salad, vegan salad, winter salad, butter lettuce salad, holiday salad, christmas salad, solstice recipes, persimmon recipes, persimmon salad, fennel salad