Persimmon Salad with shaved fennel, butter lettuce, pomegranate seeds, and a bright citrus dressing. Perfect for the holiday table! Vegan and Gluten-free.
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1–2 Fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 8 oz butter lettuce
- ¼ Cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅛ C pistachios (optional)
- ⅛ C crumbled goat cheese or feta ( optional)
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar. Set aside.
- Toss butter lettuce, fennel and onion with some of the dressing ( you may not need all).
- To platter the salad– lay a bed of dressed greens on a platter. Scatter slices of persimmon over the dressed lettuce. Garnish with pomegranate seeds ( and pistachio and goat cheese if using), and spoon a little more dressing on the persimmons. Crack some pepper over top.
- To plate the salad -layer slices of persimmon with dressed lettuce fennel mixture, top with pomegranate.
Keywords: persimmon salad, vegan salad, winter salad, butter lettuce salad, holiday salad, christmas salad, solstice recipes, persimmon recipes, persimmon salad, fennel salad