- 1 whole cauliflower ( large!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon zaatar spice ( or try dukkah!) ( or try a mix of coriander, cumin and optional sumac)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Batch TAHINI SAUCE ( go to recipe)
- Garnish with fresh herbs – parsley, dill and or mint, sprinkle with optional aleppo chili flakes, drizzle with this optional Tahini sauce!
Preheat oven to 425F.
Trim the cauliflower – either cutting off the stem (easier) or leaving it intact, trimming and slicing the bottom so it stands up straight.
Cover tightly with the lid or foil and bake for 45-60 minutes- or until tender all the way to the middle, when pierced with a knife. Smaller cauliflower heads may only take 45 minutes, larger can take up to 60.
Make the Everyday Tahini Sauce! Follow the link to the recipe.
Very carefully take the lid or foil off, minding the hot steam (it will burn!). Drizzle with a little more olive oil, place back in the oven for 30 minutes, perhaps rotating halfway through. At this point it should be deeply golden, but if not, continue roasting until it is… please no pale cauliflowers here!!!
Remove from the oven and sprinkle more zaatar if you like, fresh herbs, optional aleppo chili flakes, and either drizzle the tahini sauce over the whole thing right in the pan, or cut it up, like a cake, into wedges and serve the tahini sauce on the side.
Keywords: whole roasted cauliflower, roasted cauliflower with tahini sauce, zaatar cauliflower, roasted cauliflower with dukkah, roasted cauliflower with Zaatar Spice, how to roast a whole cauliflower.