This Waldorf Salad recipe combines crisp apples and grapes with crunchy celery, walnuts and greens, all tossed in a creamy yogurt dressing. Vegan-Adaptable.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 –1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (we use organic whole milk yogurt) or use vegan yogurt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil (or use mayo)
- 2 teaspoons honey (or sub maple or agave)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon green onion, minced (optional but adds a nice balance to the sweet.)
- 1 cup celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup apples (tart crisp varieties like Fuji, Honey Crisp, Gala or Granny Smith apples, Pink lady), cubed or sliced in small strips
- Optional additions- greens, chickpeas, chicken breast, dried cherries, raisins or dried cranberries, dates, or pomegranate seeds.
- Roast the walnuts- Preheat oven to 325F. Toss walnuts with maple syrup, salt and pepper. Spread on a tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring half way through. If needed, bake a little longer until caramelized and golden.
- Mix the dressing- In a large bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, coriander, salt, pepper, parsley and green onion.
- Combine the salad- Add celery, grapes, and apples to the bowl with the dressing an toss well to combine. Top with walnuts and serve as is or over a bed of greens.
Optional greens: baby kale, endive, arugula, romaine lettuce leaves, microgreens or sprouts (spicy greens are a nice compliment to the sweet elements).
The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple days and taste fine- but the textures and flavors are at their best served immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 16.2 g
- Sodium: 258.3 mg
- Fat: 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
Keywords: Waldorf Salad, Waldorf Salad recipe, healthy waldorf salad, waldorf salad with yogurt