Tuna Pasta with Olive Tapenade & Fresh Tomatoes is a super fast, fresh pasta dish that is full of bright clean and savory flavors. An easy meal ready in 30 minutes! Healthy, quick and delicious!
- 8 oz pasta like fusilli, torchetti, bow ties- something that hangs on to the bits and pieces
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup olive tapenade
- 2 cans good quality tuna, 5 oz (in olive oil preferred)
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Do not rinse.
- Make the Olive Tapenade.
- Sauté garlic, pepper flakes, and olive oil for a few minutes until it smells fragrant and barely begins to color. Add olive tapenade, tuna and the oil, and lemon zest and heat to warm, about a minute.
- Add hot pasta, arugula, lemon juice (start with 1/8 cup and add more to taste), stir to combine. Add tomatoes, sprinkle on fresh basil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 158.4 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.4 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 22.4 g
- Cholesterol: 10.3 mg
Keywords: tuna pasta, tuna pasta healthy