Sunshine Bowl w/ Sunflower Seed Tahini Sauce
A low fat, vegan, healthy veggie and grain bowl with a flavorful sunflower seed tahini sauce.
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice, quinoa or other whole grain
- 1 cup cubed extra-firm tofu
- 4 Cups fresh raw crunchy veggies, grated and/or sliced – grated beets, grated carrots, radish, daikon, kohlrabi, cucumber, jicama, peppers, tomatoes
- 2 cups packed leafy green–kale, spinach or arugula
- 2 T chives or scallions- chopped
- 2 T sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos ( or tamari or soy sauce)
Sunflower Seed Tahini Sauce:
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds – roasted or raw
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice ( half an orange)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger ( optional)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp bee pollen ( optional)
- Cook grain or rice according to directions. Drizzle 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid amino over cubed tofu in a bowl and set aside, letting it marinate.
- Prep all veggies (peel- then grate or slice).
- Make sunflower tahini sauce– place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- When grain is cooked, divide among 4 bowls. Top with chopped kale. Arrange veggies and tofu overtop.
- Drizzle with tahini sauce. Garnish with chopped chives ( or scallions ) and sunflower seeds.
- Notes: you can also pan sear tofu ( blot dry after marinating and coat in cornstarch, sear in oil until crispy)