Baked Tandoori Chicken (or Tofu) with “clean out your fridge” veggies. Serve over basmati rice, with Cucumber Raita and Indian Naan Bread. Updated 7/2020
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 fat garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika (not smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) OR tofu “filets” about 1 inch thick
- 1 layer of vegetables, sliced or diced ½ inch thick (carrots, winter squash, sweet potato,onion, cauliflower, zucchini, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, parsnips …etc.)
- olive oil
Garnish: cilantro, scallions, cilantro mint chutney
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Place all marinade ingredients together in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set 1/4 cup aside.
- Place chicken or tofu in a bowl ( if using both, use separate bowls) and pour remaining marinade over top reserving the 1/4 cup for basting. Set chicken/ tofu aside.
- Cut veggies to roughly ½ inch and place on a parchment lined sheet-pan. You want them fairly similar in thickness so they cook in about the same amount of time. Toss veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread out.
- Place marinated chicken/tofu over the veggies, spooning a couple teaspoons of the marinade over the veggies if you like. Go light.
- Bake 25 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Baste the chicken and tofu with a little more of the remaining marinade. Bake 10 -12 more minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are tender.
Keywords: baked tandoori chicken tandoori Bake, baked tandoori chicken, vegan tandoori, tandoori tofu, tandoori chicken in the oven