A quick and easy sheet pan dinner – Teriyaki Salmon ( or tofu) and Bok Choy with sesame and scallions- fast and delicious! Delicious with Kyoto Sweet Potatoes!
- 8–16 ounces salmon ( 2 pieces, skinless, thick cuts work best here)
- 4 baby bok choy cut into quarters or eights – 1/2 inch -3/4 inch thick at the widest point.
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- pinch salt and pepper
- orange zest (optional)
- Optional Garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, chopped scallions, sriracha or chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (don’t use Tamari-too salty)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, agave, or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- Pre Heat oven to 350F
- Place the salmon, bok choy and optional mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk marinade ingredients (soy, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and ginger, garlic ) together in a small bowl and spoon it over the fish and veggies, coating all sides well.
- Sprinkle the salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper and optional orange zest, then place the sheet pan in the oven, checking the salmon after 10 minutes. Then broil for the last few minutes to give the salmon a little color. Depending on how thick or thin the salmon is, it may be done sooner, or need a few more minutes- so remove it if need be (thinner cuts will cook faster) and continue cooking the bok choy until it is just tender ( yet green and vibrant and crisp).
- Divide among 2 bowls.
- Sprinkle the bowl with toasted sesame seeds, or Furikake, scallions, and chili flakes or sriracha for heat.
If subbing tofu for the salmon, you may want to cook it longer to get it slightly crispy. You could remove the veggies, keeping them warm, and continue cooking the tofu for an additional 20 minutes.
This is nice over brown rice, or go without, for a low-carb dinner. Feel free to sub any other quick cooking veggies- snow peas, asparagus, bell pepper…etc. Thicker cuts of salmon work nicely here.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 22.6 g
- Sodium: 873.1 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 29.7 g
- Cholesterol: 57.8 mg
Keywords: teriyaki salmon, teriyaki salmon recipe, baked teriyaki salmon, roasted teriyaki salmon recipe, best teriyaki salmon recipe