A simple recipe for Soba Noodle Salad, loaded with veggies, that is adaptable and vegan! For a protein boost, top with savory baked tofu, smoked salmon, grilled chicken.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari, soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid amino acids
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 ½ cups English cucumber, sliced in half moons or diced
- 2 cups Bok Choy (or napa cabbage or green cabbage), shredded
- 1 colored bell pepper, cut in small strips
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped
- ½ cups sliced green onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup mixed herbs, dill cilantro mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 oz Smoked Salmon or baked tofu (optional)
- Whisk together the dressing. Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin and sugar.
- Cook soba noodles, according to package directions, (about 4-6 minutes) in plenty of boiling salted water. Drain, rinse with lots of cold water, place in medium bowl.
- Add prepped veggies into the noodles and toss with the dressing.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
- If desired top with smoked tofu or smoked salmon.
Keywords: soba noodle salad, soba noodles, soba noodle salad recipe, smoked salmon noodle salad recipe, soba salad