- 8–10 ounces tofu ( firm or pressed), blotted dry and cut into flat-ish cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot or ½ onion- finely diced
- 10 ounces shredded Brussels sprouts, cabbage slaw or broccoli slaw
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms ( optional)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or Braggs GF Liquid Aminos
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds (or Furikake or Gomasio), toasted sesame oil, sliced scallions, optional nuts, optional sprouts and Sriracha
- Heat oil in a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat. Season the oil with a generous pinch salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add tofu and sear all sides, turning heat down to medium if necessary. When golden, set tofu aside. Blot.
- In the same pan add a little more oil if necessary. Sauté shallot (or onion) over medium high heat, stirring until tender 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook until tender, 3-4 minutes, turning heat down if need be.Add shredded Brussels sprouts and cook, continually stirring until tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. If pan feels dry add a splash of water or cooking wine. Keep the Brussels slightly crisp, yet tender.
- Stir in soy sauce. Taste for salt, adjusting if you like.
- Divide veggies among two bowls. Top with seared tofu. Drizzle with a little sesame oil, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (or Furikake or Gomasio), nuts if you want and scallions. Add Sriracha if you like.
- Serve immediately.
Furikake Seasoning is delicious here!
Feel free to sub the tofu with seared prawns, scallops, fish or even chicken.
Keywords: tofu stir fry, vegan stir fry, stir-fried tofu, stir-fried brussel sprouts,