A refreshing Lentil Salad with pomegranate seeds, beets, cilantro and lime. Serve as salad or as an appetizer with corn chips.
- 3 cups cooked lentils (black caviar or french green)
- 1 ½ cups cooked beets, peeled, very small diced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (tender stems ok)
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ a jalapeno, very finely diced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional additions: diced avocado, feta crumbles
Serve over a bed of greens, or with Corn chips or Tortilla Chips for scooping.
- Place first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to mix.
- Add olive oil, lime juice and zest, spices and salt.
- Stir to combine and allow this to sit 10 minutes for the salt to soak into the lentils.
- Adjust salt and lime.
- Top with crumbled feta (optional)
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips or over a bed of greens for big healthy salad.
Keywords: lentil pomegranate salad, vegan lentil recipes, texas caviar, lentil dip, lentil salad recipe, lentil pomegranate salad,