A simple delicious recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken and Crispy Potatoes with lemon, garlic and thyme.
- 2–4 russet potatoes (or enough to cover a baking sheet or larger size baking dish in a slightly overlapping single layer, see notes)
- olive oil, or olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 4–5 garlic cloves, very rough chopped (bigger pieces, or slices)
- handful of thyme or lemon thyme
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- Serve with steamed broccoli
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Brush or spray baking sheet with olive oil.
- Using a mandolin, slice potatoes into rounds, leaving skins on. If cutting with a knife, remember thinner is better, about ⅛ inch.
- Lay the potatoes down on the greased sheet pan, just slightly over lapping. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter the lemon slices around, then the garlic and some thyme.
- Pat the chicken dry, then generously salt and pepper both sides. Place over the potatoes.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes, quickly steam some broccoli.
- Check for doneness, Spoon the flavorful pan juices over the chicken and potatoes and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or broil for just couple minutes to get them deeply golden.
- Serve with the steamed broccoli, using the pan juices to dress the broccoli.
- Notes: this tends to work better on a metal sheet pan with short edges, versus a ceramic baking dish….the potatoes will get crispier.