Middle Eastern Salad Tacos with spiced chickpeas, hummus and a mound of lemony salad, topped with fresh herbs and scallions. Vegan & sooooo Delicious!
Middle Eastern Spiced Chickpeas (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon sumac ( optional – leave out or use za’atar- see notes )
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼–½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
6 x 6 inch tortillas, warmed or lightly toasted
- giant handful arugula ( or other greens)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 turkish cucumbers, diced
- 1–2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
Toss the salad ingredients together in a medium bowl. Lightly toast the tortillas until warm and pliable.
Be happy, your body will love you for this.