- 6–7 lacinato ( or tuscan) kale leaves – 2 cups shredded ( packed)
- 1 bunch italian parsley
- handful mint leaves
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- optional additions- sliced tomato, radishes, cucumber, feta, yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch thick disks.
- Brush each side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and roast the oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping over after 20 minutes. While they are baking, make the slaw filling and sauce.
- Thinly slice the kale into thin ribbons, stacking them first then slicing(see photo). Place in a bowl. Finally chop the parsley and mint, thin stems are ok. Add to the bowl along with the onion. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. You want this to be quite “juicy”, so if needed add a little more oil and lemon juice in equal portions. You can add radishes and/ or tomatoes here if you want or sprinkle them over top of the wrap.
- Whisk together the tahini sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly warm or toast the tortilla or wrap. Spread the inside with tahini sauce. Top with warm eggplant and a huge mound of the dressed greens. Top with tomatoes, radishes and feta if you like.
- This recipe make 2 enormous wraps or 4 smaller ones. Or three medium ones. 🙂
- Notes: For even more flavor, grill the eggplant during the warm months. Both the eggplant and the kale slaw can be made ahead and refrigerated.