PHOTON SOUP! Vietnamese Pho meets Wonton Soup – a fast and flavorful soup can be made in 15 minutes flat! Healing, nourishing and flavorful.
- 4 cups beef, chicken or veggie broth
- 4–5 thin slices ginger (OK to leave peel on)
- 1–2 rough chopped garlic cloves (optional)
- 4–5 Scallions, sliced, divided into white parts and green parts (or sub very thinly sliced onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 12– 14 mini wontons (or to your preference)
- 2 cups greens – optional ( chopped kale, bok choy, arugula, mizuna)
- Splash soy sauce
- Splash fish sauce
- generous pinch sugar
- Garnishes: bean sprouts, lime wedges, jalapeno slices, fresh basil or cilantro, chopped greens, sriracha, hoisin sauce, sesame oil.
- Place stock, ginger, garlic, scallions (white parts only) 5 Spice, pepper into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Add frozen wontons and return to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes or according to directions on the package (perhaps longer for bigger ones).
- Add greens (optional)
- When wontons float, they should be done.
- Add the green scallions, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar.
- Taste for salt. Adjust. The broth should taste flavorful and have depth, so adjust with soy sauce,fish sauce or salt, as necessary.
- Ladle into two large bowls and top with fresh bean spouts, a handful of herbs, thinly sliced jalapeño peppers. Stir in sriracha sauce and hoisin to taste.
- Serving Size: -two bowls of broth without the wontons ( see package for nutrients)
- Saturated Fat:
- Trans Fat:
Keywords: wonton soup, easy wonton soup, pho recipe, pho with wontons, pho recipe,