Lamb Meatballs with Indian Curry Sauce- a simple easy dinner that is full of flavor! Gluten-free, Keto and Paleo! Serve it over rice, cauliflower rice or a big bowl of spinach!
- 1 lb ground American lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely minced ( or sub ½ cup chopped onion)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried mint ( or 1 tablespoon fresh)
Indian Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ghee, butter or olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic- minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or use paste
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric, grated (or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala spice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves ( optional, but really good- elevates the dish )
- 1 extra large tomato, finely diced, with juices
- 1 13.5 oz coconut milk (not lite)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar ( or coconut sugar or alternative )
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ¼–½ tsp cayenne, more to taste
Start the rice if making.
Heat a large skillet with olive oil. Begin searing the lamb meatballs, until most sides are nicely browned, about 10 minutes. ( You can finish cooking them through in the sauce, so just brown them at this point)
At the same time you could start the sauce ( or wait and use the same pan).
Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook two more minutes. Add all the spices and then the tomato and its juices. Cook 1 minutes. Add the coconut milk and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes. Add the sugar, salt and cayenne. Taste and adjust salt and heat.
Add the lamb meatballs to the sauce, coating well. Simmer gently until the lamb meatballs are cooked through ( 5-10 minutes). Serve over your choice of rice, cauliflower rice, or baby spinach.
Keywords: lamb meatballs, lamb balls, lamb meatball recipes, ground lamb recipes, lamb recipes, the best lamb meatballs, the best lamb recipes