- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup rice (leftover rice works great here!)
- 1/2 cup kimchi, strained and chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, strained
- salt to taste (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1–2 scallions, chopped
- optional ( but delicious) 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 3 to 4 10-12-inch tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add rice, kimchi and black beans, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt and scallions.
- Taste, making this spicier if you like (add sriracha or chili garlic paste) or add more chopped kimchi.
- Add optional cheese to the pan and gently melt, stirring for about one minute.
- Divide filling into the center of the warm tortillas, and wrap up into a burrito.
- Serve immediately!
- Kimchi will vary in the spice level. If you are sensitive to heat, start conservatively and make sure to dice it into small pieces. You can always add more to taste. I used 1/2 cup kimchi that was “medium” spicy, and the burritos turned out mild in heat but super flavorful.
- Instead of the black beans, you could add ground meat ( beef, chicken, turkey) – cooking it with the onion and bell pepper, or use leftover baked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken. Use about. 1 – 1 1/2 cups.
- Instead of rice, you could use cauliflower rice.
- These can be made ahead and reheated for lunch.
Keywords: kimchi burrito, korean burrito, vegetarian korean burrito, vegetarian burrito, vegan burrito recipes